<AWT Dev> Bug 6913179, FileDialog uses native GTK under Linux: first patch

Costantino Cerbo c.cerbo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 07:04:13 PST 2010

Hallo Damjan,

it would be great, if we could update the JFileChooser in the GTK L&F.
When I had more time I've tried to emulate it completly in swing
(without native code), but the awt & swing team didn't like this
approach.
Unfortunately I've now not so much time to start a new task from
scratch but I could support you by testing on Fedora, Suse and
Solaris.
There is already the issue 5090726 in the Sun Bug Database.

Cheers,
Costantino

P.S.: thanks a lot for your patch about the awt FileDialog: I'll test
it on monday.