<AWT Dev> [8] Review request for 7124213 and 7160627

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Wed Sep 12 05:50:18 PDT 2012

Hi Sergey,

src/macosx/classes/sun/lwawt/LWComponentPeer.java
>  880      * empty. In the XPeers or WPeers we use some magic constants, but here we
>  881      * try to use something more useful,

Why can't we use "some magic constants" here, and the constant 1 in
particular? This choice may be relevant to components that display some
text, but e.g. for a container component using text-based metrics
doesn't look right. Also, I see that "w" was used previously, and you're
changing this to "0". Perhaps "W" might work best?

src/macosx/classes/sun/lwawt/LWContainerPeer.java
>   43 abstract class LWContainerPeer<T extends Container, D extends JComponent>
>   44     extends LWCanvasPeer<T, D>

A Canvas peer implementation may be "heavier" since it can pull some
graphics-related code which is unnecessary for simple containers. Do we
really have to inherit from LWCanvasPeer here? Could we extract common
code in a separate class and make container and canvas peers extend it
instead?

--
best regards,
Anthony