<AWT Dev> [7u10] Review request for 7200762: [macosx] Stuck in sun.java2d.opengl.CGLGraphicsConfig.getMaxTextureSize(Native Method)

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Wed Sep 26 07:12:35 PDT 2012

Hi Artem and Andrew,

Please review a fix for http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=7200762 at:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~anthony/7u10-1-getMaxTextureSizeDeadlock-7200762.0/

We cache a value for MaxTextureSize upon creating a CGLGraphicsConfig
instance, and thus avoid calling the native method each time the value
is needed. This works around the deadlock mentioned in the CR. There's
not a regression test because it's somewhat hard to write one for this
use case. But I've tested with NetBeans and the problem is gone with
this fix.

As indicated in the Evaluation, we'll be developing another solution for
JDK 8, hence I'm requesting your review for 7u10 only.

--
best regards,
Anthony