<AWT Dev> <AWT dev> Review Request for 8006941 : [macosx] Deadlock in drag and drop & 7199783 : Setting cursor on DragSourceContext does not work on OSX

Denis S. Fokin denis.fokin at oracle.com
Thu Feb 28 00:44:48 PST 2013

Hi Petr,

I have noticed a couple of things in your fix.

Previously we checked the root for null. According to the javadoc we
still can get one. This can lead to a NPE.
CDragSourceContextPeer.java
  423                             Component root =
SwingUtilities.getRoot(mouseEventComponent.getTarget());
  424                             Point rootLocation =
root.getLocationOnScreen();

I would say that visibility and isEnabled() value do not make sense here.
CDragSourceContextPeer.java
  449         if (!(root.contains(x, y) && root.isVisible() &&
root.isEnabled())) {

Where we are posting dragExit and dragEnter messages now? Is it the
event dispatching issue that you have mentioned?
CDropTarget.m:516,614

Could you reformat lines according to our code style?
Some of them are really long. See
CDragSourceContextPeer.m:37

What do you think about camel notation here. Even "Coding Guidelines for
Cocoa" suggets it and it is easier to understend for java porgrammer.
CDragSource.m
87 - (id)init:(jobject)jdragsourcecontextpeer
component:(jobject)jcomponent peer:(jobject)jpeer control:(id)control

Thank you,
    Denis.