<AWT Dev> OpenJDK builds: Ant build issues with jdk (netbeans) sub-projects - awt2d, j2se and jarzip

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Wed Jan 9 05:58:30 PST 2013

Hi Mani,

Not many developers really use NetBeans when working on JDK code. And
only a few (if any) actually build it from NetBeans. Since the main
build system for JDK is makefiles-based, obviously the netbeans projects
are almost never updated when something happens to the way the code is
built. Thus the projects become outdated.

The new build system (configure/make-based, see the makefiles/ directory
in JDK) is very fast. It does a very good job with incremental builds,
so I suggest to use it for your purposes.

--
best regards,
Anthony