<AWT Dev> [8] Review request for 8005465: [macosx] Evaluate if checking for the -XstartOnFirstThread is still needed in awt.m

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Tue Jan 15 08:27:01 PST 2013

Hi Artem,

I've split the setUpAWTAppKit() to setUpAWTAppKit() and
setUpAppKitThreadName() (and also a separate call to
NSSetUncaughtExceptionHandler() in the very beginning of -starter:.) If
you examine the logic in starter: carefully, you may notice that all the
required operations are performed just as before based on the current
mode of execution.

In particular, in the headless mode we want to only set the AppKit
thread name and only if we're not running in the "swt compatible mode".
We don't use observers in the headless mode. Also, the uncaught
exception handler is always set unconditionally.

--
best regards,
Anthony