<AWT Dev> [8] Request for review: JDK-8020927 JLightweightFrame API should export layout properties change notifications

Anton V. Tarasov anton.tarasov at oracle.com
Fri Jul 19 07:53:05 PDT 2013

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for the review.

On 19.07.2013 17:43, Anthony Petrov wrote:
> Hi Anton,
>
> The fix looks good overall.
>
> I'm just not sure about the exact symmetry between the setContent() method and the
> componentRemoved() listener wrt. the layoutSizeListener adding/removing. In theory, the
> setContent() may be called several times with different (or same) content objects. Similarly, the
> contentPane may in theory be added or removed manually several times (or even transferred between
> different JLFs).

setContent() is the API method which we don't control (and which indeed, in theory, may be called
several times with any content).
But the content pane is what we manage internally. It's tight to the JLF instance and follows its
life cycle. (Yes, a developer may hack it, but this is strongly discouraged =)

> Perhaps both adding and removing the layoutSizeListener should happen in componentAdded() and
> componentRemoved() correspondingly?

I like the idea. Here's the new version:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ant/JDK-8020927/webrev.1

Thanks,
Anton.