<AWT Dev> Review Request: JDK-7124253 [macosx] Flavor change notification not coming

Petr Pchelko petr.pchelko at oracle.com
Thu Nov 14 03:32:51 PST 2013

Hello, AWT Team.

Please review the fix for the issue:
The fix is available at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pchelko/7124253/webrev/

The problem was the we did not track flavor changes on Mac. This should be tracked for 2 possible cases:
1. Flavors changed by Java - it's simple, just check if flavors changed when setting contents to native clipboard
2. Flavors changed by other apps. Mac does not provide notifications when clipboard contents change, so we
do the same as we do for clipboard owner tracking: the checkPasteboard is registered to the ApplicationDidBecomeActive
notification, and when app get's activated we check if the flavors changed.

It's a P4, but SQE test and a couple of our regression tests are failing because of this issue.
Checked with SQE and reg tests for clipboard and DataTransfer.