<AWT Dev> [OpenJDK 2D-Dev] RFR(L) - 2nd round: 8024854: Basic changes and files to build the class library on AIX

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Nov 25 15:24:15 PST 2013

Hi,
I see you've already received a ton of good feedback on this v2.

I have just a few  things to add.
I don't know what symlinks might exist on AIX but it seems odd to
me that you have :-

138 static char *fullAixFontPath[] = {
  139     "/usr/lpp/X11/lib/X11/fonts/Type1",
..

but the paths in the new file aix.fontconfig.properties look like this :-

/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1/cour.pfa

Also for the build to pick up a file called
*src/aix/classes/sun/awt/fontconfigs/aix.fontconfig.properties

*it seems like you should have added a section to handle this path to
jdk/makefiles/gendata/GenDataFontConfig.gmk

That seems to be where the new build handles such files.

Are you seeing the .bfc and .src files created ?

At runtime it'll get picked up so so long as System.getProperty("os.name")
returns "aix" (all lower-case) so I think that's OK. Its the build time part
I'd expect to see but don't.

-phil.