<AWT Dev> [8] Review Request: JDK-8025585 Win: Popups in JFXPanel do not receive MouseWheel events

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Tue Oct 1 10:17:09 PDT 2013

Hi Petr,

MS Windows always sends WHEEL events to the focused window. And my
testing shows that when you scroll the wheel outside of an AWT window,
the scroll events are consumed (by AWT, supposedly).

With your fix you seem to always redirect the events to the window under
the mouse. Now suppose you have a 3rd-party window with a scroll bar in
background (e.g. Windows Explorer). If an AWT window is currently
focused, but you move the mouse pointer outside of it and above the
Explorer window, and start scrolling, will the Explorer window scroll
its contents? Currently it doesn't. What about if we apply your fix?

--
best regards,
Anthony