<AWT Dev> [8] Review Request: 8019591 JCK: testICSEthrowing_fullScreen fails: no ICSE thrown

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Oct 11 07:10:44 PDT 2013

  Hello.
Please review the fix for jdk 8. The problem is in inconsistent state of
the GraphicsDevice, Window and Peer.
We update GraphicsDevice synchronously in setFullScreenWindow(), we
update peer's coordinate a little bit later in the native call back, and
we update state of the window much later on EDT.
In the fix I try to update GraphicsDevice and Window.gc, so they points
to each other.
All attempts to do the same things synchronously from the native
callback deadlocked.

Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8019591/webrev.00