<AWT Dev> RFR: 8025673: Disable X11 AWT toolkit

David DeHaven david.dehaven at oracle.com
Tue Oct 22 11:15:31 PDT 2013

[removing hotspot-dev and build-dev..]

I can't look at the code at the moment as I'm focused on something else... Does the wrapping happen automagically at some point based on java.awt.headless? It doesn't look trivial to do this from within the scope of java_props_md.c, it seems the best I could do from there is trigger java.awt.headless=true if we're not in a headful login session. It would be fairly simple to have it set java.awt.headless if the logic is there to do the HeadlessToolkit wrapping, and that's something that could be done for all platforms (though only Mac would use it for the moment).

Otherwise I can just revert it back to my original version and we can continue using HToolkit for now.

With the current code, JTREG fails massively in headless mode (due to most calls throwing a HeadlessException) and JPRT performs horribly when running the jdk_awt tests due to it not running in an Aqua session. Is there some reliable way of testing headless mode?

-DrD-