<AWT Dev> [8] Review Request: JDK-8027025 [macosx] getLocationOnScreen returns 0 if parent invisible

Petr Pchelko petr.pchelko at oracle.com
Wed Oct 23 01:43:07 PDT 2013

Hello, AWT Team.

Please review the fix for the issue:
The fix is available at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pchelko/8027025/webrev.00/

The problem:
When initializing the peer's location and bounds we rely on the initial move/resize event. However if the undecorated frame is created right at the center of the screen this initial event does not come.
My testing shows that this is an only situation.

The solution:
We revert the changes in JDK-8007219 for undecorated frames. The initial position is a 0-0-1-1 stub, the real position is set later during the initialization.
I don't want to do that for decorated frames as 1. this is not needed 2. the native maximize button starts working ugly in some cases.

With best regards. Petr.