<AWT Dev> [8] Review request for 8013581: [macosx] Key Bindings break with awt GraphicsEnvironment setFullScreenWindow

Leonid Romanov leonid.romanov at oracle.com
Fri Oct 25 10:33:07 PDT 2013

Hello,
Please review a fix for 8013581: [macosx] Key Bindings break with awt GraphicsEnvironment setFullScreenWindow
The problem here is that NSView's -enterFullScreenMode: withOptions: we currently use for entering exclusive full screen mode does it by creating a NSFullScreenWindow instance and moving the view from its window to that newly created full screen window. Since we do not control NSFullScreenWindow creation, we do not get any focus and other notifications from it.
The fix is to stop using -enterFullScreenMode: withOptions:  and just achieve the exclusive full screen mode manually.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~leonidr/8013581/webrev.00/

Regards,
Leonid.