<AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: 7124365 [macosx] setMaximizedBounds() should be implemented

Petr Pchelko petr.pchelko at oracle.com
Tue Apr 15 12:33:39 UTC 2014

Hello, AWT Team.

Please review the fix for the issue:
The fix is available at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pchelko/9/7124365/webrev/

The implementation is pretty straightforward.
In native -1 indicates that this bound is not set. Using Integer.MAX_VALUE as in Frame’s javadoc isn’t convenient in native code.
We do not need to worry about bounds that do not fit the screen - Cocoa handles it for us.
But we need to handle the maximum/minimum sizes manually, because these are applied before the willUseStandardFrame callback is called.
The regression test for this exists, it’s being moved from SQE right now. I’ll modify it to support Mac as soon as it’s pushed.

Thank you.
With best regards. Petr.