<AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: JDK-8042087 [macosx] LWCToolkit.inokeAndWait is calling EventQueue.invokeLater

Petr Pchelko petr.pchelko at oracle.com
Tue Apr 29 08:32:01 UTC 2014

Hello, AWT Team.

Please review the fix for the issue:
The fix is available at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pchelko/9/8042087/webrev/

The problem is that we are using EventQueue.invokeLater on the Toolkit thread. In applet mode this would fail with NPE. So I've removed the non-working code branch, made general cleanup and added a null check for the component provided to invokeAndWait and invokeLater methods.
We don't have open bugs on Mac about NPE in applet mode, so most likely the removed branch was never executed. But with this fix we would catch possible errors early.

With best regards. Petr.