<AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: 8032187 [macosx] The fix for MACOSX_PORT-424 should be reworked

Artem Ananiev artem.ananiev at oracle.com
Fri Feb 7 05:53:24 PST 2014

On 2/7/2014 1:39 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> Hmm, we need someone else, who will solve a problem.
> Artem, what do you think?

I would suggest to suppress all the AWT events from our internal
components. That is, if a component is accessible from application (e.g.
JScrollPane's viewport), its events should be sent to toolkit listeners,
otherwise not. As an application developer I would be surprised, if my
application with a Frame and a Button will fire any events for JButton,
right?

Thanks,

Artem