<AWT Dev> RFR: Allow using a system installed libpng

Magnus Ihse Bursie magnus.ihse.bursie at oracle.com
Thu Feb 20 02:35:23 PST 2014

On 2014-02-20 09:47, Anthony Petrov wrote:
> Hi Omair,
>
>> Should I be pushing this to jdk9/dev ? (Or to jdk9/client?)
>
> If you change client code, then the fix should go to the client repo
> to avoid merge conflicts and allow for more manual testing prior to
> integrating the changes into the master repo.

 From my point of view, you can go either way. The changes are mostly in
the build code, except for an include statement. But if the AWT folks
feel more confident that way, sure, you can go via client.

Just a note: Since you are updating the generated-configure.sh, someone
with access to the closed sources will need to push a follow-up (the
same bug number can be used) with an updated version of the closed
generated-configure.sh. If you go in via the client forest, I'd prefer
if someone from client did that.

/Magnus