<AWT Dev> JDK 9 RFR of JDK-8032733: Fix cast lint warnings in client libraries

Joe Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Sat Jan 25 11:10:36 PST 2014

Hello,

Please review my large, but largely straightforward, changes to fix

     JDK-8032733: Fix cast lint warnings in client libraries
     http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~darcy/8032733.0/

Many of the changes were enabled by the clone method of an array being
redefined to return the array's type rather than object; IIRC, this was
part of the generics set of language changes back in Java SE 5.

With these changes as-is, an open-only Linux build succeeds with the
"cast" warning enabled and fatal during the build. The build aspects of
these changes have already been approved on the build-dev list. I will
submit a jprt job before pushing to flush out any other cast instances
that need to be corrected; I'll send out another review request for any
incremental changes.

Alan, there are some non-client changes mixed in here too.

Thanks,

-Joe