<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8043869 [macosx] java -splash does not honor @2x hi dpi notation for retina support

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Tue Jun 17 14:45:45 UTC 2014

Hi Alexander,

[ I'm also adding Neil who's taking over the launcher code ]

1. There's a few code formatting issues that should be fixed. For instance:
src/share/bin/java.c
> 1846             if(scaled_splash_name){
> 1853         if(scaled_splash_name){

src/windows/native/sun/awt/splashscreen/splashscreen_sys.c
>  571     *scaleFactor=1;

In all the above lines required spaces are missing. I believe there's a
number of other occurrences of the same issue in your patch. Please
check it carefully and fix the formatting on all lines.

2. Webrev shows 236 changed lines for java_awt_SplashScreen.c. I suspect
you've changed the EOL characters because you've edited your code on MS
Windows. Please configure your editor to use LF characters for line ends
and revert the unnecessary changes (note that jcheck won't let you push
CR-LF line endings anyway).

3. splashscreen_sys.m
>  135     if (1 < screenScaleFactor) {

For consistency and clarity, I'd suggest to rewrite the condition as

	if (screenScaleFactor > 1) {

--
best regards,
Anthony