<AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [9] Review request for JDK-8039383: NPE when changing Windows Theme

Alexey Ivanov alexey.ivanov at oracle.com
Tue May 6 08:14:09 UTC 2014

Hi AWT and Swing teams,

Could you please review the updated fix:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dmarkov/8039383/jdk9/webrev.02/

What has changed since version .01?

The issue was still reproducible with the .01 version of the fix,
however it was harder to reproduce.

So in version .02 I added checks for null where possible. If theme
becomes unavailable, a dummy value will be used; this way applications
will be more stable. As soon as the theme change events are handled, the
entire UI will update properly.

Thank you,
Alexey.