<AWT Dev> [7u60] Review Request: JDK-8036861 Application can't be loaded fine, the save dialog can't show up.

Petr Pchelko petr.pchelko at oracle.com
Tue May 6 15:00:17 UTC 2014

Hello, AWT Team.

Please review the fix for the issue:
The fix is available at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pchelko/9/8036861/webrev/

After discussions it was decided to revert the fix for JDK-8032960 for 7u60 release.
All the attempts we've made to fix it have lead to critical regressions.
No viable solutions was found for this problem, so there's no time any more to make a proper fix in 7u60.

So we are returning back to 7u55 behavior: JDK-8032960 returns back, but all the regressions get resolved.

I've tested this solution with all regression and JCK tests on windows platform - no new failures compared to 7u60.
I've also checked that all the regression scenarios now work well.

This is the fix for 7u60 only, we will try to deliver a proper fix in the next release.

Thank you.
With best regards. Petr.