<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8028617: Dvorak keyboard mapping not honored when ctrl key pressed

anton nashatyrev anton.nashatyrev at oracle.com
Wed May 28 17:56:54 UTC 2014

Hello,

     I've checked my old fix and found a problem: the dead keys don't
work in the passive client: the KEY_TYPED event doesn't contain the
composed char (e.g. contains 'o' instead of 'ô').

     Please take a look at the new fix. I've added both 'characters' and
'charactersIgnoringModifiers' to the NSEvent. The latter is now only
used for calculating a VK_ keyCode. For this fix I've checked all the
KeyEvent reg tests (auto + manual), tried different combinations you've
suggested with the im/IMFTest, tried different input methods for Japan
and Chinese locales.

     BTW those double symbols sometimes arise when typing via VNC; with
the directly connected keyboard this is not reproducible.

The fix: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~anashaty/8028617/9/webrev.01/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eanashaty/8028617/9/webrev.01/>

Thanks!
Anton.