<AWT Dev> Mac OS X 10.10 crash in CInputMethod getNativeLocale

Laurens Holst laurens.nospam at grauw.nl
Sun Aug 16 12:06:22 UTC 2015

Regarding the following bug,

I encounter the same issue with my own application when using the
osxappbundle-maven-plugin (trying to migrate away from the old Java 6
launcher), which is based on the Java Application Bundler. I stumbled
upon this report when searching for solutions in Google, unfortunately I
can not add comments to the JDK issue tracker so I’ll post them here:

I reliably reproduce this issue under the following conditions:

1. using the Java Application Bundler (it runs fine when running the jar
directly), and
2. using the "US (International) - Pc" keyboard layout

I briefly get to see some UI, but the app crashes within a second, even
when I do nothing but prompt a dialog.

~Laurens