<AWT Dev> <Awt Dev> [9] Review Request for 8145795: [TEST_BUG][PIT] java/awt/Window/ScreenLocation/ScreenLocationTest.java fails (can assign Integer.MAX_VALUE to Window dimensions)

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Wed Dec 23 17:57:34 UTC 2015

On 12/23/2015 7:33 PM, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:
> On 12/23/2015 7:08 PM, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>> Alexander, please clarify
>> 1. will this fix the problem?
>    It will still fails for example for the scale factor 3.
Then why to do what you've proposed?

>> 2. What if user uses value > Integer.MAX_VALUE / SCALE_FACTOR for
>> window dimensions? If it should be prohibited now with your change,
>> then we need to add this to all javadocs because window size does not
>> meet its native limit in this case.
>
>     The sizes are scaled on the native system. I think that values
> that are greater than Integer.MAX_VALUE should be truncated to the
> Integer.MAX_VALUE.
>     If it does not checked it should be considered as a bug.
Not sure that I understand you correctly. What did you mean under
"values that are greater than Integer.MAX_VALUE"? Not sure that it is
possible.
How user will know which range is acceptable for setSize()? Before your
fix if user set any value > 65535 the resulting window size is 65535.
After your fix it is the same value as it was requested. This may not
assumed to be correct without additional explanation.