<AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: 8056298 Separate java.awt.datatransfer from the desktop module

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Tue Jan 13 17:26:59 UTC 2015

On 1/13/15 7:45 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> On 13.01.2015 17:23, Alan Bateman wrote:
>> Typo in my mail, I meant verify-modules.
>>
>> They are currently issues with verify-modules and boot cycle builds
>> so I think verify-modules is currently disabled (at least in
>> jdk9/dev). Erik is working on this via JDK-8067479.
> The new versions:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8056298/webrev.04/jdk
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8056298/webrev.04/root
>  - sun.reflect.misc and sun.security.util were exported to
> java.datatransfer.
>  - jdk.hotspot.agent now depends on java.datatransfer
> "make verify-modules" was completed w/o issues.

Thanks for doing this. java.activation, java.xml.ws, jdk.hotspot.agent
uses java.awt.datatransfer.  I don't find java.xml.bind using it.

$ jdeps -p java.awt.datatransfer $BUILD_OUTPUTDIR/jdk/modules/*

The result shows that java.activation, java.xml.ws, jdk.hotspot.agent
uses java.awt.datatransfer (there is a bug in jdeps that didn't show
the module name correctly - will file a bug and fix it).

How do you find java.xml.bind depend on java.datatransfer?  You can
run this from your build:
$ jdk/bin/jdeps -s jdk/modules/java.xml.bind/

About the qualified exports from java.base:

java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor uses
sun.security.util.SecurityConstants.GET_CLASSLOADER_PERMISSION

I suggest to remove this dependency by creating the instance
when security manager is on:
    new RuntimePermission("getClassLoader")

Mandy