<AWT Dev> <Awt Dev> [9] Review Request for 8085895: The Textfield can't be shown after clicking "Show Textfield" button.

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Tue Jun 9 16:43:22 UTC 2015

Hello,

Please review fix for JDK9:

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ssadetsky/8085895/webrev.00/

In 8074028 overridden getPeer() was simply removed in XWindows peers of
TextField and TextArea but that was not enough to preserve the
components functionality.
In the new design Component.getPeer() doesn't exist anymore. To restore
the previous logic completely it requires to override in the peer
delegate component all the Component methods those used getPeer()
before. But I think that would be a bad piece of code. I propose more
short fix that was tested to be working using jtreg TextFiled/* and
TextArea/* tests.

--Semyon