<AWT Dev> RfR JDK-8055831 Open Source Java Access Bridge

Erik Joelsson erik.joelsson at oracle.com
Mon Mar 23 10:06:49 UTC 2015

Hello Pete,

In general this looks good. However, to better fit with our intended
source code file layout, I would prefer if the source was organized by
the names of the libraries being built, and this would be a good time to
get it done properly. Something like this:

jdk.accessibility/windows/native/libjavaaccessbridge/
     AccessBridgeATInstance.cpp
     AccessBridgeJavaEntryPoints.cpp
     JavaAccessBridge.cpp

jdk.accessibility/windows/native/libwindowsaccessbridge/
     AccessBridgeJavaVMInstance.cpp
     AccessBridgeMessageQueue.cpp
     AccessBridgeWindowsEntryPoints.cpp
     WinAccessBridge.cpp
     AccessBridgeEventHandler.cpp

jdk.accessibility/windows/native/common
     AccessBridgeDebug.cpp
     AccessBridgeMessages.cpp

jdk.accessibility/windows/native/libjabsysinfo/
     AccessBridgeSysInfo.cpp

The header files needed for more than one lib would also go in common,
otherwise in the specific lib dir. The SetupNativeCompilation calls
would then not need to list explicit files but would only need to list
the necessary directories.

There are a number of extra .cpp files in the libaccessbridge dir that
aren't used in any of the libraries. What is the purpose of those?
Keeping source code around that is not being built seems strange to me.
There are also extra .rc files and a bunch of .DEF files. Are the .DEF
files used for anything? If all these files really need to be included
in our source base, perhaps sort them out into a
jdk.accessibility/windows/native/misc dir or something so that it's
clear what is needed to build the product and what is not?

/Erik