<AWT Dev> Changes fro JDK-8075327: moving jdk testlibraty files duplicated in hotspot to the common test repository

Chris Hegarty chris.hegarty at oracle.com
Wed May 13 15:17:32 UTC 2015

Hi Alexander,

On 13/05/15 15:52, Alexander Kulyakhtin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could you please, review the following tests-only changes to the hs-rt/jdk and hs-rt/test repositories. These changes are a part of the changes for "JDK-8075327: Merge jdk and hotspot test libraries"

I suspect that these changes are best going directly into jdk9/dev, as
opposed to a a downstream forest.

> The changes are as follows:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akulyakh/8075327/jdk_patch/webrev/

In may places '@library /lib/testlibrary ...' remains. Is this
redundant, in many tests? If so, it be removed.

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akulyakh/8075327/test_patch/webrev/
>
> 1) Renaming jdk.testlibrary package to jdk.test.lib in the hs-rt/jdk repo, so it has the same name as the jdk.test.lib package in the hotspot repo.
>
> 2) Several files from the jdk/testlibrary have duplicates in the hotspot/testlibrary. We are moving those files from jdk/testlibrary to the upper-level hs-rt/test

The changes are to the 'test' directory in the "top" repo? You are not
proposing to add a new repo, right?

test/lib/testlibrary/jdk/testlibrary/RandomFactory.java was updated
recently in jdk9/dev. The version in your webrev is a little out of date.

Is there any special update needed to jtreg to support this?

> so they can be shared by jdk and hotspot (also updating @library directives to reflect that).
>
> If these proposed changes are acceptable then we'll merge the duplicates between the hs-rt/hotspot and hs-rt/test/lib files into hs-rt/test/lib and prepare a full review.
>
> Thank you very much for the review.
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

-Chris.