<AWT Dev> Changes fro JDK-8075327: moving jdk testlibraty files duplicated in hotspot to the common test repository

Alexander Kulyakhtin alexander.kulyakhtin at oracle.com
Wed May 13 15:48:48 UTC 2015

Adding jdk9-dev mailing list

----- Original Message -----
From: alexander.kulyakhtin at oracle.com
To: core-libs-dev at openjdk.java.net, awt-dev at openjdk.java.net, hotspot-dev at openjdk.java.net
Cc: stefan.sarne at oracle.com, yekaterina.kantserova at oracle.com, alan.bateman at oracle.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 5:52:20 PM GMT +03:00 Iraq
Subject: Changes fro JDK-8075327: moving  jdk testlibraty files duplicated in hotspot to the common test repository

Hi,

Could you please, review the following tests-only changes to the hs-rt/jdk and hs-rt/test repositories. These changes are a part of the changes for "JDK-8075327: Merge jdk and hotspot test libraries"

The changes are as follows:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akulyakh/8075327/jdk_patch/webrev/
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~akulyakh/8075327/test_patch/webrev/

1) Renaming jdk.testlibrary package to jdk.test.lib in the hs-rt/jdk repo, so it has the same name as the jdk.test.lib package in the hotspot repo.

2) Several files from the jdk/testlibrary have duplicates in the hotspot/testlibrary. We are moving those files from jdk/testlibrary to the upper-level hs-rt/test so they can be shared by jdk and hotspot (also updating @library directives to reflect that).

If these proposed changes are acceptable then we'll merge the duplicates between the hs-rt/hotspot and hs-rt/test/lib files into hs-rt/test/lib and prepare a full review.

Thank you very much for the review.

Best regards,
Alexander