<AWT Dev> <Awt Dev> [9] Review Request for 8134732: [TEST_BUG] Test java/awt/applet/Applet/AppletFlipBuffer.java fails on Windows with AWTException

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Tue Sep 8 09:38:38 UTC 2015

On 08.09.15 9:19, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:

> On 9/7/2015 6:47 PM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
>> On 07.09.15 16:26, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>>> We cannot guarantee that the used way of the creation of the buffer
>>> strategy will not cause any unchecked exceptions.
>>
>> We can, because the list of exceptions is described in its docs, all
>> other exceptions will mean a bug in implementation or in documentation.
> But the test is essentially synthetic and it induces a lot of hardware
> related code. So to state the above you need to investigate all
> exception for all possible implementations. Did you do that?

We call the one method only, this method has a list of exceptions. It is
not necessary to check all methods, if we write a test correctly,
because in this case the test finds all unspecified exceptions, which
will causes a new CR. The test suggested by you simply skip such
exceptions which means it skip the bugs, no?