<AWT Dev> <Awt Dev> [9] Review Request for 8058959: closed/java/awt/event/ComponentEvent/MovedResizedTwiceTest/MovedResizedTwiceTest.java failed automatically

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Mon Sep 28 08:41:38 UTC 2015

On 9/27/2015 1:46 AM, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> On 24.09.15 22:42, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>> For unknown reason Frame#setBounds() was performed in two steps: set
>> size then move in the XDecoratedPeer.
>
> The fix for JDK-4985250 have split XMoveResizeWindow into two calls:
> XResizeWindow + XMoveWindow. We need to understand why.
As it's seen from JDK-4985250 description this fix should eliminate
extra component move event in CDE Linux when toFront() is called. But
the fix was done long time ago so it's hard to understand now was it
wrong or correct because the XDecoratedPeer got many changes after that.
Probably the algorithm to sync frame location was the root cause or it
didn't work correctly with CDE. I cannot reproduce JDK-4985250 in recent
Ubuntu and OEL.