<AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: 8141553 JDK fails to build with Xcode 7 on 10.11

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Wed Feb 24 17:32:20 UTC 2016

On 11.02.16 8:52, Avik Niyogi wrote:
> Here is my two cents:
>
>   * As of Xcode 7, Rich Text Font Document attributes have to be
>     mentioned explicitly and not with a nil.
>
>     I can see that to mitigate the warning an empty array is placed
>     there. The system is able to still process RTF document with this.
>     Ideally, the parameter to be passed for the document attribute as
>     per my understanding is
>     *@{NSDocumentTypeDocumentAttribute:NSRTFTextDocumentType}*
>     at line numbers 627 and 684 AWTView.m
>     Please refer to the below link for further clarification regarding
>     values to be passed (like NULL instead of nil):
>     https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSAttributedString_AppKitAdditions/#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSAttributedString/initWithRTFD:documentAttributes:

Fixed. But I wonder why "RTFDFromRange" have this in the documentation:
"If there are no document-level attributes, dict can be nil."
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/NSAttributedString_AppKitAdditions/#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSAttributedString/RTFDFromRange:documentAttributes:

>   * *performFileOperation* at line 224 is deprecated in OSX10.11.
>
>     *recycleURLs:completionHandler:* should be used instead as far as it
>     is possible (until a good substitute for performFileOperation is
>     available)
>     https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/AppKit/RN-AppKit/

Unfortunately we cannot use recycleURLs, since it is asynchronous. I
found another possible solution NSFileManager.trashItemAtURL():
[1]
https://developer.apple.com/library/prerelease/mac/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSFileManager_Class/index.html#//apple_ref/occ/instm/NSFileManager/trashItemAtURL:resultingItemURL:error:

New version:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8141553/webrev.01