<AWT Dev> Review Request For 8146230: Crash in JNI_ArgumentPusherVaArg::JNI_ArgumentPusherVaArg(_jmethodID*, __va_list_tag*)+0xa
ambarish.rapte at oracle.com
Wed Jul 6 11:23:47 UTC 2016
Please review the fix for JDK9,
1. Null pointer exception in JNI
The code block was not multi thread safe.
Issue occurs in multi threaded , multi processor environment.
1. Changed the variable used for double checking, to use yieldMethodID .
2. Changed yieldMethodID to volatile.
3. Added AWT_LOCK() over initialize block of code.
4. Removed unrequired err variable.
A drawback of Double Check Locking ( DCL ) is, if the resource assignment is not an atomic operation, The DCL may fail.
But here in the code of concern, is an atomic operation. Hence DCL should work fine.
Please check below reference link for more detailed discussion of DCL with C++.
1. Tested Event tests which pass without any regression of this change.
2. As this change only corrects existing logic, there should be no side effects.
C++ and the Perils of Double-Checked Locking: http://www.aristeia.com/Papers/DDJ_Jul_Aug_2004_revised.pdf
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the awt-dev