<AWT Dev> Review request for 4908075: Press shift and another key using robot does not trigger events properly

Volker Simonis volker.simonis at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 14:05:31 UTC 2016

Hi Oliver,

your fix looks good and I can sponsor it.

However, I'm a little bit worried about the test. Even on Windows, the
various tested key-combination may get be partially intercepted by
other applications and this can leave the whole system in an
inconsistence state. For example on my Windows machine with Intel
Graphics the key combinations "Ctl-Alt-F11" and "Ctl-Alt-F12" trigger
some Intel Graphics utilities by default. If I run the test, some key
events of the test are intercepted by those utilities with the result
that the test fails and no more keyboard input will be possible at
all.

If nobody objects, I'd therefore like to propose to change the test to
a manual test.

Regards,
Volker