<AWT Dev> Review request for 4908075: Press shift and another key using robot does not trigger events properly

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Tue Jul 26 09:58:42 UTC 2016

On 26.07.16 10:33, Volker Simonis wrote:
> thanks for your feedback. You're right that this test is now not
> running on any system by default and I'm not happy with it. However,
> after trying it on various Windows systems and after the test locked
> my system several times in a way I even had to reboot,

Then imagine that some java program can hang the system and only reboot
will help. I guess this can be a subject to the bug, at least should be
investigated.

> it was simply to dangerous for me to enable it by default. It is good that you have
> a special configuration for test systems, but how can we mark a test
> to run only in such an environment?

You can mark it as headful and run only the headless tests, or you can
skip :jdk_desktop tests group. As far as I know currently only the the
tests from tier1,2,3 test groups can be executed without any system
preconfiguration.