<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8154539 Examine the desktop module's use of sun.misc.SoftCache

Alexander Scherbatiy alexandr.scherbatiy at oracle.com
Wed May 11 21:43:36 UTC 2016

Hello,

Could you review the updated fix:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alexsch/8154539/webrev.01

   - The test/com/sun/jdi/ReferrersTest.java test is updated to use
sun.awt.SoftCache
   - The sun.misc.GThreadHelper class is moved to the sun.awt package in
the java.desktop module

   The jdk.unsupported dependency was removed from the
src/java.desktop/share/classes/module-info.java file.
   The sun.misc.GThreadHelper class is called by JNI and may be it does
not require the declared dependency to the jdk.unsupported module. In
any case it seems better to move the  GThreadHelper class to the
java.desktop module.

   Thanks,
   Alexandr.