<AWT Dev> Who wants to fix 15 years old issue?

Sergey Malenkov malenkov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:57:33 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

Now we have a lot of notebooks with touchpads/trackpads,
but Java cannot scroll horizontally on such devices:
http://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-4419271

I want to say that MacOS on my Mac supports it,
while Windows on the same Mac does not support.
Our customers complains about this issue for 3 years:
http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-115509

I created a simple patch for Windows platform.
Could you please comment attached changes?

Note, that WM_MOUSEHWHEEL > WM_MOUSELAST,
so any checks inside AWT ignores such events.
So, I replaced WM_MOUSEHWHEEL with WM_MOUSEWHEEL + SHIFT

PS. The attached patch applicable to 8u, not 9.

--
Best regards,
Sergey A. Malenkov