<AWT Dev> jtreg failing in awt tests

Jonathan Gibbons jonathan.gibbons at oracle.com
Wed Nov 23 20:57:00 UTC 2016

On 11/23/2016 12:47 PM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
> Am I the only one seeing jtreg test failures in latest jdk9/dev,
> apparently due to

> Error: Test clashes with another test with a similar name:
> .../jdk/test/java/awt/Focus/DisposedWindow/DisposeDialogNotActivateOwnerTest/DisposeDialogNotActivateOwnerTest.java
>  .../jdk/test/java/awt/Focus/DisposedWindow/DisposeDialogNotActivateOwnerTest/DisposeDialogNotActivateOwnerTest.html
>
> (even though I'm not actually running any of the awt tests?)

Martin,

It looks like this is a test bug, introduced in this changeset.

changeset:   16112:88faebbdbf9b
user:        arapte
date:        Fri Nov 04 21:55:19 2016 +0530
summary:     8160766: [TEST_BUG] java/awt/Focus/DisposedWindow

The problem edit looks like this:

  /*
-  test
-  @bug       6386592
-  @summary   Tests that disposing a dialog doesn't activate its invisible owner.
-  @author    anton.tarasov at sun.com: area=awt.focus
-  @run       applet DisposeDialogNotActivateOwnerTest.html
+  @test
+  @key headful
+  @bug 6386592 8160766
+  @summary Tests that disposing a dialog doesn't activate its invisible owner.
  */

Note that plain "test" was edited to "@test", meaning that the file
previously was not a standalone jtreg test, and it was changed to be
one.  This causes a clash with an HTML test of the same base name.

jtreg correctly reports the clash, because both tests would lead to the
same .jtr file.  i.e. you can't have two tests that only differ in their
filename extension.

-- Jon