<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8169133: This time, on Windows: java/awt/Robot/SpuriousMouseEvents/SpuriousMouseEvents.java

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Thu Nov 24 17:20:35 UTC 2016

On 24.11.2016 18:44, Sergey Bylokhov wrote:
> On 24.11.16 18:27, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>>> Isn't the open test always passed before/after the fix?
>> The open test was wrong from the time it was created. By the way, it was
>> approved by you.
>> I can fix this along with the current bug or I can file a separate test
>> bug. What is your suggestion?
>
> Can you explain why do you think it is wrong?
The Robot#Robot( GraphicsDevice screen) spec explains:

Creates a Robot for the given screen device. Coordinates passed to Robot
method calls like mouseMove and createScreenCapture will be interpreted
as being in the same coordinate system as the specified screen. Note
that depending on the platform configuration, multiple screens may either:
  * share the same coordinate system to form a combined virtual screen
  * use different coordinate systems to act as independent screens
This constructor is meant for the latter case.