<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8169133: This time, on Windows: java/awt/Robot/SpuriousMouseEvents/SpuriousMouseEvents.java

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Mon Nov 28 20:13:26 UTC 2016

On 25.11.16 17:08, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
>>> Different coordinate system simply means different coordinate origins.
>>> This is the most natural behavior for the robot created for certain
>>> screen.
>>
>> And if both screens have the same coordinate system simply means that
>> they have same coordinate origins.
> They may share the same extended screen coordinates but have different
> origins.

If the same coordinate system is shared by both screens, means that each
point passed to the robot will be related to the(0,0). It is not
necessary the (left/top) point of the screen because the screen itself
can be shifted from the (0,0)/

> If you switch off Xinerama on Linux, not sure that this is well
> supported by default desktop shell, anyway, then you can run an app on
> the second monitor using DISPLAY=:0.1.
> If this app creates robot for the current screen it acts in the 2nd
> screen coordinates according to the spec.

The whole application will use the coordinate system of the second
monitor, because this is separate standalone screen.

> The same app can be run on the usual extended desktop and then moved to
> the second screen. In this case, the robot created for the current
> screen should act in 2nd screen coordinates as well, otherwise behavior
> of the app would be different and depend on the native  platform
> configuration.

The robot should always use the coordinate system of the screen, in the
same way as TopLevel windows use it.