<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8166594: Taskbar.setWindowProgressValue() spec does not specify expected visual behavior of setWindowProgressValue()

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Thu Oct 6 15:14:17 UTC 2016

On 10/6/2016 3:38 PM, Alexander Zvegintsev wrote:

> Hi Semyon,
>
> Yes it is, Microsoft defined some set of rules for such case[0].
>
> However it looks redundant and too implementation-specific(which can
> be changed) for me.
I didn't mean to specify the behavior for Windows platform. It seems
that any desktop platform may have its own rules for this case.
"Unspecified  behavior" just sounds a bit like a warning to me. Maybe it
worth to write that this behavior is a platform specific, or don't
mention the scenario at all since those rules cannot be changed by JDK
anyway. But it is just a recommendation, the decision is up to you.

> Reformatted for 80 chars in place.
Thanks. Looks good then.

--Semyon