<AWT Dev> SkinJob: AWT on Android

Chris seahen123 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:10:37 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I've started work on Project SkinJob (
https://github.com/RedstoneValley/skinjob), an Android implementation of
AWT that wraps the Android graphics APIs and is forked from OpenJDK AWT.
(Because the Android APIs are as high-level as AWT, SkinJob won't need any
native code or more than a couple dozen sun.* classes.)

If I had the right extra pair of hands, IMO we could have SkinJob ready for
public alpha in Q1 2017, maybe even Q4 2016. Anyone know where I might find
someone interested? (Although I know many AWT apps are specifically
designed for a larger screen and thus would need their GUIs redesigned from
scratch for the mobile world anyway, I bet there are also plenty for which
that isn't the case -- like browser applets, and anything built for J2ME
back when that was a thing.)