<AWT Dev> [9] Review Request: 8143077 Deprecate InputEvent._MASK in favor of InputEvent._DOWN_MASK

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Fri Sep 30 15:45:39 UTC 2016

Hello.

Please review the fix for jdk9.

This is request to deprecate the obsolete flags inside InputEvent. This
constants were marked as obsolete in jdk1.4 and were replaced by the new
one. In jdk1.4 the documentation were update with notion that the new
constants should be used. And this bug is about official deprecation of
them.

We can replace old constants by the new one in the whole jdk, but I
updated only the code in InputEvent to make change smaller and safer. So
at least the new code in jdk and the code in applications will start to
use the new constants.

The changes in jconsole are necessary to fix deprecation warning.

jprt build passed, no new issues were found by jck/jtreg tests.

Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/8143077/webrev.00