<AWT Dev> [10] JDK-8146537: TrayIcon Action Listener doesnt work in WIndows 10

Semyon Sadetsky semyon.sadetsky at oracle.com
Wed Dec 6 18:42:12 UTC 2017

Hi Shashi,

On 12/05/2017 08:13 PM, Shashidhara Veerabhadraiah wrote:

> Hi Semyon, the mouse key state is already part of the input to the function via the flags variable(if there is any) and same message is already sent to the action event where
The flags parameter doesn't contain any modifiers because it is always
equals to zero.
> they only save the message. This part is kept same as earlier.
The action event receives modifiers from  the 3rd parameter of the
SendMouseEvent function which now may not contain any mouse modifiers,
if I correctly understand the root cause of the issue. My question is
about compatibility. If this code whenever have been working (for
example, in Windows 7) the BUTTON1_DOWN_MASK have been always set in the
action event. After your fix it may not be set (or even will never be
set anymore). Does it affect old applications which might expect a
button presence in the action?

--Semyon