<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8176528: Progress state for window is not displayed in taskbar

Phil Race philip.race at oracle.com
Mon Mar 13 21:52:12 UTC 2017

The JCK comments in the bug are :
 >This may be a specification issue.
 >Window progress is not displayed in taskbar as specified.
 >The spec states that progress is displayed in a platform-dependent way.
I>f progress is not in fact displayed under some circumstances, that
should be specified.

So they already know the window isn't visible and are asking for an
explanation
of the circumstances for this so I don't think this update will satisfy
them without
more explanation.

At the very least we need to add that
"Some {@code Window}s are not visible in the task bar.
For example undecorated Windows may not be visible".

I do not know if we can say something stronger than that ?
Is this the case on all platforms ?

-phil.