<AWT Dev> [9] Review request for 8176528: Progress state for window is not displayed in taskbar

Philip Race philip.race at oracle.com
Wed Mar 15 15:49:17 UTC 2017

Good that got cleared up but since bar slight change in the wording
we are back to v0 of the webrev, then we are also back to v0 of my
comments. What are you going to say to JCK about what windows
they can expect to be  visible ?
Can we say
- Frames  are always visible
- Dialogs are always visible if they have no owner
- All other cases (eg Window) are platform dependent ?
   Or can we say for the latter, other descendants of Window (including
    Window itself) are never visible ?

-phil.