<AWT Dev> [10] JDK-8178361: JFileChooser does not allow to open folders with a double tap when using the touch screen interface

Anton Litvinov anton.litvinov at oracle.com
Tue Sep 19 14:54:58 UTC 2017

Good day Shashidhara,

You took parts of my fix for the bug
(https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8166772) which is being
reviewed on this e-mail alias since 17/08/2017 and which is almost
approved by one reviewer
(http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/awt-dev/2017-September/012999.html).
You did not inform me about intention to use the parts of my fix anyhow
and you are trying to present these copied parts of my fix as yours.
This is not acceptable and looks as a plagiarism.

You fully copied the code organization from my fix - your fix changes
the same files in the identical places, in all 4 files there is the code
which is identical to the code from the same files in my fix, you even
did not change the text of my source code comments. Though you are
trying to address a different issue and use a different API, your fix
edits the same files in the same places what makes our 2 fixes overlap
each other and conflict with each other. And you knew about these
compatibility problems, because last week you entered the review of my
fix and after that you sent your review request on 19/09/2017.

I do not want to remove my parts of the fix from my fix and test and
review my fix again just to be able to apply my fix over yours
containing my code, if yours is approved first and pushed first. My
review request was filed more than one month before your review request.

How to quit this situation?

In order to resolve this situation, I suggest you:
1)  To link your bug to my bug JDK-8166772 and to mark your as "is
blocked by" my bug.
2)  To agree to remove my parts of the fix from your fix, wait until I
provide the final version of my fix with 2 micro changes to the
reviewers, what I will do within next 2 days, and we will sort out with
you offline, how to recreate your new version of the fix.
Currently I suppose that I will give you the changeset with my approved
fix, you will clone two instances of "jdk10/client", in one you will "hg
import" my changeset, then apply your changes and create a "webrev" for
your fix, in the second instance of "jdk10/client" you will apply my fix
just using "patch" and then apply your patch from "webrev", we will
discuss these details offline.

If you accept this way of resolution, I agree to forget about the
earlier described issue with your fix.

What do you think about my suggestion?

Thank you,
Anton