<AWT Dev> [11] Review request for 8199748: Touch keyboard is not shown, if text component gets focus from other text component

Anton Litvinov anton.litvinov at oracle.com
Thu Apr 19 11:12:27 UTC 2018

Hello Alexey,

Thank you for review of this fix and for identification of this issue.
Yes, I agree that the touch keyboard should not be hidden, when a focus
is moved from one text component to the second, after the TAB key was
pressed on the touch keyboard. Hiding it in this scenario, while not
hiding the touch keyboard after touching the area of the second text
component, is inconsistent.

The new version of the fix addressing your remark was created.

Webrev (the 2nd version):
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alitvinov/8199748/jdk11/webrev.01

This issue and the original bug is resolved in the 2nd version of the
fix by not calling "WToolkit.hideTouchKeyboard()" on
"FocusEvent.FOCUS_LOST" event, if a component which gets focus is a text
component. Also this version of the fix contains resolution of a
possible memory leak from the variables: "compOnTouchDownEvent",
"compOnMousePressedEvent" by changing their types to
"WeakReference<Component>" and contains small refactoring of "if"
expressions in "WToolkit.showOrHideTouchKeyboard(Component, AWTEvent)"
method. Could you please look at the 2nd version of the fix.

Thank you,
Anton