<AWT Dev> <Swing Dev> [12] Review Request: 8209340 The code which avoids synthetic accessors has become outdated

Krishna Addepalli krishna.addepalli at oracle.com
Tue Aug 14 02:32:08 UTC 2018

Hi Sergey,

I understand that with the new jep, we no longer need to explicitly write the constructor to avoid the synthetic accessor methods generated by the compiler. AFAIK, each inner class declared  results in a class file being generated rather than each default constructor. Could you clarify this a bit more?
I also have another question: In general, is it better to provide a manual method to avoid the generation of synthetic accessor methods? In the context of this code change, I fail to see how it would have helped by writing explicit method rather than letting the compiler generate an accessor method.

Thanks,
Krishna